Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Bonzo Man

Mr.Nut holding onto me.

Well, I never thought there would be another little boy squirrel like my Mr.Nut, but I was wrong.

 I do believe my sweet Bonzo has much in common with Mr.Nut.   You see, both boys had a rough start in this world.  Bonzo was having a normal life with his mom and siblings until one day, mama disappeared (probably due to a predator).  Then the next day, his siblings disappeared as well,  and he was all alone to fend for himself. Bonzo was alone for 24 hrs before he was found.   

Similarly, Mr.Nut and his brothers were content in their tree until someone knocked their nest down.   Long story short,  the nest was found by a woman, but only 2 of the 3 squirrels were in it.  Then, 24 hours later, Mr.Nut was found all by himself.   You see, both Bonzo and Mr.Nut were all alone to fend for themselves a full day before someone found them.   This period of time without any mother or siblings to keep them warm had an effect on their development.    At least Bonzo was a few weeks older so he was not as seriously affected as was Mr.Nut.  Mr.Nut was only 2 weeks old and could not maintain his warmth without another warm-blooded mammal to help him.  He was cold when I got him.

And now, just like Mr.Nut, my Bonzo loves to cling to my hands.   He holds on as if to say, "Momma, I will never leave you!" 


Bonzo,   holding onto me.


Is Bonzo a reincarnation of Mr.Nut?  I really don't know.
But I will say that it is wonderful to be reminded of Mr.Nut on a daily basis.  Bonzo is full of juicy happiness and loves to be the "kitchen squirrel".   He continues to let me know how much he loves me!  
And there's nothing better than that!

I LOVE my mom!






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are first approved by Mr.Nut before posting.