Monday, November 26, 2018

Squirrelove ALWAYS wins!


Bonzo's handiwork on my Mac


When I found Bonzo sitting on my Macbook chewing on the keys, I was absolutely enraged! Mostly because I thought I'd have to replace the whole keyboard which could cost anywhere from $280.~ to $400.~   OMG.

So off I went to the Apple Genius Bar at the Barton Creek Mall.  I had to leave my computer there for about four days. Thankfully, Bonzo hadn't damaged the piece of the apparatus that would warrant a new keyboard!  A very competent tech named David was able to repair all six keys, making my laptop "as good as new"!  Not only that, but the cost of repair was  $0.00!!
(Seriously, I thought I was dreaming.)


After this event, I was being very careful to either close the cover OR at least put some books on the keyboard when I went into another room in the house. However, on Thanksgiving morning, I had to run out to put gas in my car, thinking that many of the stations would close early.  I did not close the laptop, but since I had put some books on top of the keyboard, I figured it would be OK.  

Wrong.

When I came home, the "Bonz" was happily chewing away and had removed the "A", "Z", "option", and "function" keys.

%#$&@&#!!!!

After locking Bonzo in his cage, I got online and immediately made an appointment at the Apple store for repair, and then tried to carry on as usual. Poor Bonzo.  Come to find out he just really enjoys chewing on plastic items...   plastic clips, cinch ties, laptop keys, etc. 



Bonzo man
I guess I should have had faith that Admiral Nut would take care of everything, but I didn't.  So on my 2nd trip to Apple, I was pleasantly surprised that the Apple tech that helped me was David, the one who did the first repair!  There are literally hundreds of techs... I mean what are the odds??   He took the computer back into the shop while I waited. (I don't know how long it took since I was having a lovely conversation with another squirrel-lover sitting next to me. Awesome.)  David finally returned with all the keys fixed except the "A". He said that the piece that makes the contact was gone and that he had to take a piece from another laptop and place it there.  He wasn't sure yet whether it would work (make contact). In fact, they didn't have any extra "A"s in the back so he used the one I brought with me.   He snapped it on. So far so good. Now we just had to turn it on and try it out to see if it worked!

...Drumroll please...

1.Booting up the computer
2.opening sticky notes
3.typing the "A"

And "VOILA" !  It worked!  The A made contact!
OMG.  That just saved me hundreds of dollars.

David said there was no charge for the repair.
WOW.
So I told him I would bring him a 2019 Squirrels of Wisdom Calendar and he said that the techs really are not allowed to accept any gifts.  When I insisted, he said if it was for everyone to enjoy, then it would be OK.





Suddenly I saw the brilliance of Bonzo's plan:
he was working paw in paw with Admiral Nut and all of Squirrel Galactic to spread Squirrelove all over the planet
(and in any and every way they can!)


So the moral of the story is this:


                                                                                          
                                                                                       Bonzo knows best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are first approved by Mr.Nut before posting.