Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Austin Loves Its Squirrels!


I was making my normal rounds on the Hike and Bike trail, feeding my dear squirrel friends and came upon an amazing squirrel miracle! This beautiful painting of our Austin native squirrel just about knocked me over! I have no idea who put it there, but whoever you are... I salute you! And may your heart overflow with the joy of a thousand frolicking baby squirrels!!!

(I couldn't resist adding a couple squirrels of my own into the photo! That's Pete on the left and Bucky to the right!)

One of the things I really love about Austin
is the heart centered people that live here.
I was driving down the street the other day
and a little squirrel ran out toward the center line. Immediately, the car in front of me and the one in the lane next to him put on their brakes. The little squirrel turned around and ran safely back to his tree. I was a little ways back and witnessed this incident... another indication of the rise in squirrel consciousness!

Remember... where there are squirrels,
there is peace. And where there is peace,
there are squirrels!



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are first approved by Mr.Nut before posting.