Wednesday, January 26, 2011

TO LOVE A SQUIRREL



Little Bucky Squirrel... how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways!



I love thee in the sweet, snug fingerhold you have
as you grasp my hand;

I love thee in your warm, pink tongue
as you lick my hand;

I love thee in your awesome gaze, as you look at me
with those large black all knowing, unconditionally loving eyes;

I love thee in the way you attempt to bury a nut
in my collar at the back of my neck;

I love thee in the nuts you have hidden
in the folds of the couch;

I love thee in the way we squirrel wrestle together
in the mornings;

I love thee in the way you wait, perched upright on the porch of your cage,
ready to jump on me whenever I get close enough to you;

I love thee in the ever-present exuberance you demonstrate
whenever I walk in the room;

I love thee in your sweet innocence
and constant presence in the "now";

Little Bucky, teach me to be like you,
for only then can I truly enter the new paradigm of
Heaven on Earth!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are first approved by Mr.Nut before posting.