Friday, December 18, 2009

Toofie the Wonder Squirrel






This beautiful squirrel is sitting on top of her squirrel condominium. Her message is God Loves Everyone...No Exceptions!

I was walking on the trail about a year ago and found this little girl lying face down in the dirt. Her nose was bleeding and she wasn't moving. I said, little girl, I'm taking you home with me. I wasn't sure how she got injured, but she had trouble breathing through her nose. The only thing I could feed her was some peeled grapes and some warm milk. I gave her Reiki treatments a couple times each day. In about 6 weeks her face was healed and she was able to breathe and eat normally. But I hesitated in releasing her because she had no sense of balance. I had some large branches in her cage and she was so wobbly that she easily fell off of them. I then realized that's probably how she ended up injured on the ground in the first place.
In time, Toofie became everybody's favorite since she was the only adult squirrel that would let anyone and everyone pet her. She seemed to really love squirrel massages. Sometimes a friend would stop by and I'd let them pet Toofie and tears would come. "I've never pet a squirrel before!" they'd say. Toofie's pure innocence and amazing trust is an amazing thing to witness!

She taught me that even the circumstances that seem hard really are just a doorway into Better Things To Come!


3 comments:

  1. I love that Toofie lived when in most
    hands she would have passed...I love to
    visit her and feel the love and curiosity
    she radiates at hearing every new voice.
    I love that she is allowed outside her
    condo and doesn't make messes as if she
    is divinely guided to be the perfect guest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toofie was a very special one of a kind squirrel soul who touched and taught many! Even long distance! Julie, you were entrusted with one of God's very special creatures! Her soul lives on and you will be with her again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toofie was a very special soul who touched and taught so many. Even long distance! Julie, you were entrusted with one of God's very special creatures and I know someday you will be with her again! Bless you, all you do, Toofie, and all the other special squirrels in your care! God bless all squirrels as they are one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are first approved by Mr.Nut before posting.