Monday, October 17, 2011

Ancient Tibetan Squirrel Mantra




Om Mani Padme Hum is the most widely used of all Buddhist chants. The mantra originated in India and invokes the benevolent blessings of Avalokiteshvara, the goddess of compassion. The literal meaning of this phrase is "jewel in the lotus". And as my squirrel guru, Sri Buckyji, has told me over and over again... that for every squirrel, the jewel in the lotus is the pecan.


Buckyji has also informed me that the mantra was misheard by the Indians who thought the squirrels were chanting "OM Mani Padme Hum", when in fact they were chanting, "OM My Pecan is Home"!


Sri Buckyji has told me that "one's home is where the nut is". It's no mystery then, that deep in the heart of Texas, we not only find the most amazing pecan trees, but we find the home of many a squirrel saddhu!






1 comment:

All comments are first approved by Mr.Nut before posting.